You know how there are a zillion Christmas movies, books, and TV specials with titles like “The Christmas” plus something else? It occurred to the authors that the formulas used in these stories could probably be applied – or shattered – using just about any noun in a title like that. So we came up with a new tradition.
The rules are simple:
- Open a Christmas book and point to a random spot on a random page.
- Scan along the text until you come to a noun.
- Write that story.
So a few of us did this last December, and I finally have them formatted and published as a free e-book.
This collection currently contains three entries:
* The Christmas File: a pseudo-romantic pseudo-drama
* The Christmas Hamburger: a children's story
* The Christmas Head: A brilliantly weird picture book... I don't know how else to describe it.