Thursday, May 21, 2015

Weird Butterfly Antics

I can’t say that I spend a lot of time thinking about butterflies. They’re fairly non-gross insects (as adults) that have a mysterious flight mechanism, and sometimes they have cool colors. That’s about it. But today I was on a field trip with my daughter, and we went into a butterfly house, and the following weird things happened:

  1. A large, five-or-six-inch butterfly landed on my shirt and just hung out there for a couple of minutes.
  2. After it left, a similar one (or maybe the same one) landed right on top of my head.
  3. On the screen wall, there was another one of these large butterflies, with a hitchhiker. Or rather a hitch-sitter. A smaller butterfly was actually sitting there on the larger one’s wing.

This phone camera isn’t great, and the angle makes it hard to see the big butterfly, but it’s that long, light-brown line in the center:

downsize (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment