I recently decided to get a laptop so that I could make some use of my bus rides (other than napping and reading the very occasional novel – after reading scriptures of course. I haven’t been entirely slackerly). My hope is that if I write down some of these internal discourses, I won’t feel compelled to re-argue or re-explain them; and also that if I ever actually need to discuss a point, I’ll have it written down in a well-thought-out way. It’s totally lame to have an idea crystalized in your mind one minute, but then later when you try to actually express it, it’s sort of liquefied.
A few disclaimers are in order regarding the entries here:
- This blog is public, so you won’t find a lot of family stories or photos here. The entries are more like essays than journal entries.
- I don’t want to be stealing copyrighted material, and I’m not really an artist, so I will be including very few pictures. I know a lack of pictures makes Internet content hard to read. But that’s just how it is.
- Some of these entries may include spoilers for various fictional works such as books and video games. I will try to warn of such things in advance, because I hate knowing something about a story before I’m supposed to. But if you’re in the middle of a story or game, you might want to avoid my entries about it.
- I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I don't presume to speak for it. I do think people have a right to expect each member of any religion to represent it well, but if anything I say sparks a question or doubt (or infuriation, or whatever), ask me about it or check out ComeUntoChrist.org.
- I'm a software tester for Tableau (formerly for Microsoft). I probably won’t write much about technology here, but don’t take anything I say in that area as official either.