Monday, December 10, 2012

Military Feng Shui

I have this really, really great idea. As I understand it, Feng Shui is about positioning objects to channel chi in a way that is beneficial to the people it flows around. (I know the official spelling is “qi”, but I’m a fan of phonetic spelling when possible.) So what if we tried using it for purposes other than home furnishing? Imagine lining up your tanks and cannons and soldiers (and couches, if you want) in such a way that all the chi in the area flows around them and gives them a tactical advantage. Or even in a way that forces a bunch of chi forward in a concentrated beam – a chi laser! You could also trick your enemies into maneuvering into a formation that seems to give them a tactical advantage, but then all of a sudden all their equipment shuts down or falls apart. You cannot tell me that this is not a fantastic idea. (Hopefully I am not spoiling any national secrets by suggesting it.)

2 comments:

  1. Phonetic spelling is okay, but using the letter q unencumbered by the letter u is cooler, in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feng shui has been used in China for thousands of years to create balance in homes and give businesses and the military an edge over the competition. feng shui

    ReplyDelete